Physical Activity is Medicine
Exercise Classes Exclusively for People 50-90
The Right Plan for You
"Exercise is one of the best ways to prevent falls and stay in your home longer."
(Benefits of Physical Activity - Center for Disease Control)
- Helps maintain the ability to live independently and reduces the risk of falling and fracturing bones.
- Reduces the risk of dying from coronary heart disease and of developing high blood pressure, colon cancer, and diabetes.
- Can help reduce blood pressure in some people with hypertension.
- Helps control joint swelling and pain associated with arthritis.
- Helps people with chronic, disabling conditions improve their stamina and muscle strength.
- Reduces symptoms of anxiety and depression and fosters improvements in mood and feelings of well-being.
- Helps maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints.